- Overview Jump to content
- Cost Jump to content
- Courses Jump to content
- Faculty Jump to content
- Admissions Jump to content
- Dates Jump to content
- Objectives Jump to content
The Department of Marketing and Real Estate offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Real Estate. This degree prepares students for a wide range of careers in all aspects of Commercial and Residential Real Estate, including Sales and Marketing; Appraising; Brokerage; Mortgage Banking; and Investment Analysis; as well as to pursue further studies at the graduate level.
Completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Real Estate program satisfies the Real Estate Education requirements needed to take the Real Estate License Exam in the state of Georgia.
Method of Delivery
Available on campus or as much as 80% online (some online courses may require some visits to Carrollton).
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Richards College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International (AACSB-I).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required: 120
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址This program may be earned more than 50% online but not entirely online - multiple campus visits are required (varying by course).
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited university of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen. In addition, online courses and programs can mean a cost-savings in many non-evident ways: No more high gas charges. No childcare needed. The flexibility can allow one to maintain a job while attending school. Regardless of state residency, out-of-state non-resident students are not charged non-resident tuition for online course credit hours.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-Face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online course tuition rates and fees my vary depending on the program. Students enrolled in exclusively online courses do not pay non-Resident rates.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, they will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For the cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Bursar's Office website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website重庆欢乐生肖官方网址 for more information.
- RELE 3701, 3705, 3711, 3730, 4705, 4706, 4707
- MGNT 4660
MGNT-4660 - Strategic Management
An integrative approach to the study of the total enterprise from the executive management's point of view--the environment in which it operates, the direction management intends to head, management's strategic plan and the task of implementing and executing the chosen strategy. Must be taken no earlier than one semester before graduation and provided completion of Core Area F business courses and MGNT 3600, MKTG 3803, FINC 3511 and ECON 3402. Must have senior standing.
RELE-3705 - Real Estate Principles
RELE-3711 - Real Estate Research
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The study of residential and commercial real estate data bases, including sales, rents and mortgage loans. Internet basics such as web sites, search engines, and email will also be reviewed. Using fee versus free data.
RELE-3730 - Real Estate Finance
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Analyze the different financial institutions that are sources of equity and mortgage funds for the real estate industry. The real estate mortgage and the other real property security agreements are examined in depth. Other emphasized topics include financial leverage, the secondary market, loan qualifications, foreclosure, mortgage payment plans and financial math.
RELE-4705 - Real Estate Investment
Examines the use of discounted after tax cash flow analysis in the evaluation of real estate investments. Topics discussed include operating expenses, cost capitalization, federal tax law implications, depreciation, ownership forms, and different measures of investment performance such as IRR and NPV. Home ownership as a real estate investment is also explored.
RELE-4706 - Residential Appraisal
Examines the use of the sales comparison, income, and cost approaches used by professional appraisers to estimate the market value of residential property. The effects of social, economic, political, and physical factors on value are discussed. Some aspects of residential construction and architecture are explored. A form appraisal report of a residential property ties the principles and concepts presented together.
RELE-4707 - Income Property Appraisal
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Investigates the different techniques used by the professional appraisers to estimate the market value of income producing property. The use of income multipliers and capitalization rates and their deviation from market data is explored in-depth. A narrative appraisal of an income producing property is used to integrate the principles and concepts presented. Professional and ethical standards of behavior are also explored.
Guidelines for Admittance
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Each UWG online degree program has specific requirements that you must meet in order to enroll.
- Specific requirements are associated with the following areas: Freshman Adult Learners Transfer International Home School Joint / Dual Enrollment Transient Auditor Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Seeking Readmission
Undergraduate Priority Deadlines
Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - November 15
Summer Semester - May 15
Admission Process Checklist
Check your Application Status
Contact the Office of Admissions for additional information.
Specific dates for Admissions (Undergraduate only), Financial Aid, Fee Payments, Registration, Start/End of term, Final Exams, etc. are available in THE SCOOP.
- Real Estate majors will understand in detail the practices and principles common to the Real Estate field.
- Real Estate majors will be able to apply Real Estate concepts and principles to the analysis, planning, implementation and control of real estate operations.
- Real Estate majors will be able to conduct research pertinent to real estate issues and problems.