Visit the The Shell-Coggin Writing Center
Make an appointment for a session (before your assignment is due).
Office number重庆欢乐生肖官方网址: (678) 839-6513,
Location: TLC 1201
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make?an appointment, you will need your:
- Student ID (917) number
- Class and Section Number for the assignment (For example, ENGL 1101-11)
- Preferred appointment date and time
Our appointments are 30 minutes in length. You can schedule an hour session if English is not your first language, if you have a documented learning disability, or if you are a graduate student with a longer assignment.
It's best to schedule your session?24-hours before you want to be seen.
If you need to cancel your session, please let us know at least an hour before your appointment begins.
- A printed copy of your paper is preferred. (We do have computers in the back of the Center if you do not have a printed copy.)
- The directions for the assignment from your professor.
- Any notes you have taken while working on the assignment.
- At least one or two questions or concerns about the assignment that can help direct the session.
- When you arrive at the UWC for your session, you will check-in with the person at the front desk. Just provide your name or student ID to check-in.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you?have missed your appointment. A missed appointment with be logged as a No Show.
- You will be shown to your consultant.
- The session will begin with your consultant asking how they can help you with your
assignment. Provide them with your paper and any question or concern you have with
- Be aware: The Writing Center operates as an extension?of the classroom environment. The consultants can help with any concern you have with the writing process, but they cannot edit or proofread your paper. During the session, they are teaching you writing techniques (like how to identify and correct errors in your paper) that you can utilize?independently of the Writing Center.
- You will generally leave the tutorial with a new direction for your paper. For this reason, it is ideal to schedule a session at least 2 to 4 days before?your assignment?is due.
The Writing Center will be closed during the vacation schedule constructed by the University. (See the Academic Calendar?for all of the University closures.)?Also, any University closure (e.g. for weather) will result in the closure of the Writing Center, which will not resume regular operating hours until campus reopens.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Opening Date: January 13, 2020
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Closing Date: April 24, 2020
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址TBD?for Scholar's Day and Honor's Convocation?
TBD?for English's Honor's Ceremony?
Holidays (MLK / Spring Break)
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Opening Date:?June 10, 2019
Closing Date:?July 18, 2019
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Holidays (Independence Day)
Opening Date: August 26, 2019
Closing Date: December 6, 2019
September 10, 2019 at 5:00 for a meeting
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址September 11, 2019 at 5:00?for a meeting
Holidays (Labor Day / Fall Break / Thanksgiving)
October 24, 2019?for the Undergraduate Research Conference?