"Engineers apply the principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems. Their work is the link between scientific discoveries and the commercial applications [and products] that meet societal and consumer needs."
Please read the General Overview of Engineering Branches for more information on the field of engineering, disciplines, preparation, a day in the life of an engineer, earnings, employment, career path forecasts, and professional organizations.
- General Overview of Engineering Branches
- Specific information for Each Branch of Engineering including salaries, industries, profiles of engineers, typical job duties, etc. Select a branch on the right hand side.
- Below are links to information for many engineering fields, with REPP institution
programs noted. The noted REPP institutions may have other engineering programs than
- (Biomedical, Biological, Biochemical) (GT, Mercer, UGA)
- (GT, UGA, GS, KSU)
- (GT, Mercer, KSU, UGA)
- (GT, GS, Mercer, KSU, UGA)
- (GT, UGA, Mercer)
- (GT, Mercer, KSU)
- (GT, UGA, GS, Mercer, KSU)