We provide speech therapy and diagnostic services across the lifespan to those who have disorders related to:
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Accent Reduction
- Augmentative Alternative Communication
- Hearing Screenings
Comprehensive evaluations are scheduled on a one-time basis and may take anywhere from one to three hours. Speech-language therapy sessions are scheduled twice weekly for 45 minutes per session.
The CCC has two satellite clinics, including, UWG’s Newnan Center & West Georgia Technical College’s Murphy Campus in Waco, GA.
Communication Sciences & Disorders Lab at UWG Newnan:
Communication disorders lab specializing in the evaluation and treatment of adult and geriatric populations.
Murphy Early Intervention Clinic:
Grant-funded clinic that provides early intervention speech-language services to young children in the Haralson County community and surrounding areas.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Confidential mental health screenings and private counseling services for adults, adolescents, children, and families.
- Literacy Lab: Assessment and instructional services in reading for students in grades K-5th
- Math Lab: Diagnostic & instructional services in math for students K-5th
The CCC serves as an educational training facility for undergraduate students in Early Childhood and Special Education programs. The UWG students provide tutoring under the supervision of their professors. Tutoring in math and literacy for students in grade K-5 generally begins with a diagnostic assessment of the client's math and reading ability. Then an individualized tutoring plan targeted to the client's needs and interest is developed. Our tutoring program follows the University semester schedules.
The CCC cannot recommend private tutors as we cannot guarantee the quality of service.
- Sertoma Fantasy Baseball Camp - integrating speech and sports
- Executive Function & Memory Support Groups - Weekly groups provided in local assisted living facilities focusing on improving communication and executive function skills with a geriatric population through fun, supportive interactions and activities.
- Consultation and support to local elementary schools during family- focused educational events.
- Hearing and speech screenings conducted for UWG Pre-K.
- Assist with hearing screenings for Carroll County School System.