Thank you for visiting the RN to BSN Program webpage at the University Of West Georgia Tanner Health System School of Nursing. Please see the information about our program below.
Nancy Capponi, EdD, MSN, RN
Interim Associate Dean and Assistant Professor
Tammy McClenny, EdD, MSN, RN
RN to BSN Program Director and Assistant Professor
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program for Registered Nurses (RN to BSN) is for individuals who are already licensed as registered nurses (RN). Courses are offered in a 100% online asynchronus format with program admission once yearly for the fall. This program combines a rich and liberal foundation in arts, sciences, and humanities with a unique nursing curriculum that emphasizes the art and science of nursing. The four semester structure of the program will give learners an opportunity to complete any prerequisite core courses and still practice as a part or full time RN. The program prepares Registered Nurses for todays complex healthcare environments and professional advancement.
- The Nursing sequence is 100% online (asynchronous)
- Many of the RN to BSN Prerequisite Core Curriculum courses, if not already completed by the RN learner, are entirely online through eCore and students may earn 60 semester hours through transfer credit and licensure
- No out of state tuition costs
- There is no statute of limitations on when prerequisite core courses were completed as long as they are transferable
- Dedicated Academic Advisors
- Required UWG Online Orientation for acceptance to the RN to BSN Online Program
- Innovative and Learner Focused Self-paced RN to BSN Online Virtual Orientation (available two weeks prior to the Fall semester start)
- RN students complete 30 semester hours of required upper division nursing courses over four consecutive semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall)
- The curriculum also offers a dynamic community of caring created by full-time faculty and small classes
Applicants seeking admission to the RN to BSN program should be self-directed and committed to engaging in caring nursing practices with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Nursing practice is holistic and recognizes the relationship of the mind, body and spirit. As critical thinkers, students will be expected to examine personal value systems and the value systems of others. Students seeking admission to this program should consider their personal goals and values in light of those expressed in the philosophy of the program. For detailed instructions on Application and Admission click here. Note: It would be beneficial if you would print off this document to help you keep track of your Application and Admission journey.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Faculty in the RN to BSN program view registered nurse students as colleagues and make every attempt to structure learning experiences to meet the needs of adult learners. Recognizing the associate degree or diploma in nursing as a foundation for further studies, clinical experiences are identified to complement previous experiences of the enrolled RN’s. Applicants for admission should be aware of the difficulties that may be encountered in attempting to work full-time while completing RN to BSN nursing courses and core courses.
The RN to BSN program is fully accredited by the , 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC, 20001, Phone: 202-887-6791, Fax: 202-887-8476.
University of West Georgia monitors regulations governing online education at the state and federal level. As of March 2016, UWG was approved to participate in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), as part of the state of Georgia's membership and as of May 2017 the State of Georgia joined the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). As a result, UWG may enroll residents of many, but not all, states outside of Georgia.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Prospective students who reside outside the State of Georgia should contact email@example.com or UWG Online at 678-839-6248, for more information and status updates on their state of residency, as some limitations may be lifted soon.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址Prospective students who reside outside the state of Georgia who are considering a professional program (nursing, education, social work, counseling, allied health professions, veterinary medicine) should contact the appropriate Board in their state of residency prior to beginning a course of study. UWG cannot confirm whether the course or program meets requirements for professional licensure in the student’s state.
Transfer Students Please Read!If you plan to transfer to UWG, please click this link to read about admission requirements to the university. There is also a link provided on the Registrars Office website that allows you to obtain . Once you have applied to the University of West Georgia, and have been accepted, it can take up to four weeks for the Registrars Office to complete your individual transfer evaluation. If you have questions, please contact Undergraduate Admissions or the Registrar's Office. Please also keep in mind that every nursing program is different, and nursing programs at other institutions may require different prerequisite course work.
If you are an RN 23 years of age or older and need assistance with unofficial transcripts review prior to applying for admission to the university and the RN to BSN program, please contact the Center for Adult Learners & Veterans. A phone or face-to-face appointment for this unofficial review may be arranged.
***Please keep in mind that your application to the Tanner Health System School of Nursing is in addition to the application for the University of West Georgia.
FAQ’s for UWG THSSON RN to BSN Program
- How do I apply for the RN to BSN online program? UWG undergraduate application and RN to BSN program application
- What is the application deadline for the online program? Fall admission only: May 1: first round; however, a second round of applications for June 1 may be considered.
- What is the GPA requirement for admission? 2.5 GPA
- What is the minimum requirement for admission? Minimum requirements doc
- How do I find out what previous courses will transfer? Once you have accessed the link, follow the step-by-step instructions on how to navigate
- use the drop down menu that asks “which state are you transferring”?
- choose the state in the drop down menu, then click the right side tab that states “Get State”.
- use the drop down menu to find your school in the selected state.
- choose the school in the drop down menu, then click the right side tab that states “Get School”.
- the screen will prompt you to select a full report or a subject report. CHOOSE the full report from the drop down menu and click on the “I understand” tab to acknowledge the disclaimer message.
- the page will then show a list of all classes/course numbers at the chosen school (left side of page) and what class/course number that the courses transfer to UWG (right side of the page). Also, please see the RN to BSN core curriculum plan of study areas.
- Can I apply to the program before I sit for the NCLEX? Yes, learners can apply to the program before sitting for the NCLEX-RN; however, they must be successful on the exam prior to the start of classes.
- Can I meet with an advisor before I apply to UWG or to the RN to BSN program? Learners wishing to meet with a nursing academic advisor must be admitted to UWG and have completed UWG online (separate from the RN to BSN program online orientation) orientation in order to be advised). However, if you would like someone to review your unofficial transcripts and are 23 years of age or older, please contact: Center for Adult Learners and Veterans.
- How long is the online RN to BSN program? four consecutive semesters for 30 credit hours
- What is the course sequence for the online RN to BSN program? Learners who are admitted for each fall semester cohort are required to follow the
below course schedule:
- Fall semester: Introduction to Scholarly Writing for RN's, Transition to Professional Nursing Practice for RNs, Pathophysiology for RNs (for total of 7 credit hours)
- Spring semester: Professional Nursing Practice Issues for RNs, Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice for RNs, Nursing Informatics for RNs ( for total of 9 credit hours)
- Summer Semester: Holistic Health Assessment for RNs, Introduction to Healthcare Communities for RNs (for a total of 6 credit hours)
- Fall Semester: Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Communities for RNs Capstone & Practicum (for a total of 8 credit hours)
- What is the cost? low e-tuition cost per credit hour, scholarships available, and be sure to check your healthcare agency’s tuition assistance program
- Is there an orientation to the online RN to BSN program? Yes, there is an online self-paced RN to BSN program orientation that will be made available in July prior to starting the fall semester in August. However, learners are required to register for fall classes to be added to the orientation course. Please note that the online program orientation is not the same as the online university orientation that must be completed prior admission into the RN to BSN program.
- Do I have to complete a clinical in the online RN to BSN program? Yes, 120 hours are required the last semester (Capstone course) as required by most state boards of nursing
- How rigorous is the online RN to BSN program? Learners can expect the online program to be just as rigorous and challenging as on-campus programs. The THSSON exemplifies a caring science curriculum, where faculty are committed to academic excellence in a caring student-centered environment.
- Are there scholarships available for RN to BSN learners? Nursing scholarship link.
- What are the benefits of a BSN degree?
- Enhances communication, leadership, and critical thinking skills
- Proven to decrease patient/client mortality/morbidity rates
- Increase in salary
- Prepares the nurse for leadership positions
- Prepares the nurse for graduate degree programs
- Prepares the healthcare agency for Magnet status
For additional information contact Tammy McClenny RN to BSN Program Director