Are you planning to attend UWG starting in Fall 2020? The 2020-2021 school year is just around the corner. Complete your 2020-2021 FAFSA starting October 1, 2019! You will be required to use 2018 tax information.
The 2019-2020 FAFSA became available on October 1, 2018! You will be required to use 2017 tax information for this FAFSA. How does that benefit you? Since you've already filed your 2017 taxes, you'll be able to transfer your tax information into your FAFSA directly! You also will not need to update your FAFSA after you file 2018 taxes.
When completing your FAFSA, don't make these 12 common mistakes!
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The FAFSA can take 7-10 business days to be processed by the U.S. Department of Education and sent to UWG. The Department of Education may select you for a process called "Verification". If selected, you will be required to provide additional documentation before a financial aid award offer can be made to you. You will be notified via your myUWG email account of any documents needed. You can also check your BanWeb account for outstanding requirements by following these steps:
- Log in your
- Select "Student Services and Financial Aid"
- Select "Financial Aid"
- Select "My Eligibility"
- Select "Eligibility Requirements"
Any outstanding documents should be sent to the Financial Aid Office by the priority deadlines listed below:
- Fall semester - July 1
- Spring semester - November 1
- Summer semester - April 1
State Financial Aid
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The state of Georgia offers the HOPE & Zell Miller Scholarship to eligible students. To apply for HOPE and Zell Miller, complete either:
- - this will apply for HOPE/Zell Miller, along with federal student aid programs (mentioned above). The FAFSA fulfills the application requirement for one aid year (ex.:Fall 2016, Spring 2017, & Summer 2017) and must be renewed each year to continue to receive HOPE/Zell Miller and federal student aid programs.
- - this will apply for HOPE/Zell Miller ONLY. To receive federal student aid, a FAFSA is required. A GSFAPPS does not need renewing each year.