The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available on the 2019-2020 FAFSA! Please see the steps below on transferring your tax information into the FAFSA!
- Easy: Transfer info with the click of a button.
- Fast: Instantly retrieve your information.
- Accurate: Correctly fill in your information.
- Log in to your current FAFSA* form or start a new application at .
- In the finances section of the online form, you will see a "Link to IRS" button if you are eligible to use the IRS DRT.
- Click the "Link to IRS" button and log in with your FSA ID to be transferred to the IRS to retrieve your info.
- Once at the IRS site, enter your information exactly as it appears on your federal income tax return and click the "Submit" button.
- Check the "transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA form" box and click the "Transfer Now" button.
- You will know that your federal tax return information has been successfully transferred because the words "transferred from the IRS" will display in place of the IRS information in FAFSA form.
*For your protection, your tax information will not be displayed on either the IRS site or fafsa.gov.
重庆欢乐生肖官方网址The IRS DRT can be used by both students and parents.
To learn more about the IRS DRT, visit .
Victims of Identity Theft
If you or your parents have been victims of documented identity theft and cannot get a return transcript or use the DRT, you may request and submit a Tax Return DataBase View (TRDBV) transcript as well as a statement they have signed and dated indicating that they were victims of tax-related identity theft and that the IRS has been made aware of it. They do this by calling the IRS’s Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) at 800-908-4490. After the IPSU authenticates the tax filer’s identity, he/she can ask the IRS to mail the TRDBV transcript, which is an alternate paper transcript that will look different than a regular transcript but is official and can be used for verification. Those who cannot obtain TRDBV transcript may instead submit another official IRS transcript or equivalent IRS document, but it must include all of the income and tax information required to be verified by the school.